June 5th, 2009 | Tags: Bicycle, Montreal
I tried out the Bixi bike rental system last weekend. Many people have already written about them so I thought I would add my cents as well.
- Convenient locations around downtown
- Cheap prices if you get a yearly subscription and use less than 30 minutes each time
- You can rent friggin’ bikes!
- Promotes biking in the city
- Requires one credit card per bike rented
- Puts a hold on $250 in your credit card each time you use it
- Instructions for some things (like the 24-hr access) not very clear
- Lack of billboard with info on nearby rental stations.
Another side-effect of the design of the system: When I tried to get a bike to go back home, the first station had no bikes, but luckily the one where I had returned my bike still had one left.
Oh, and here’s an official video from Bixi explaining how the 24-hr access works.
BIXI – 24-hour access from BIXI on Vimeo.
blog comments powered by